Faith In Action Bay Area
Job Announcement – Community Canvasser, San Francisco
About Faith In Action Bay Area
Faith In Action Bay Area believes all people have power and a voice. Every day we amplify that power by
uniting diverse faith voices and equipping grassroots leaders to stand up for what their
communities need, winning systems changes that improve the lives of Bay Area residents. We are
a multi-faith, multi-racial organization working to transform the Bay Area into a place that
supports inclusive and integrated communities where all – regardless of age, race, language, legal
status, income, religion or identity – can live safe, dignified, and healthy lives, free of fear and
alienation. Our work is guided and led by our community based leaders who are directly impacted
by socio-economic and racial injustice.
Faith In Action clergy, grassroots leaders, and staff are helping to lead some of the most urgent
fights for justice and equity in the region, including: organizing tenants to fight for housing justice;
protecting and expanding affordable housing; welcoming immigrants as full citizens in this country
(e.g. keeping families together, economic dignity); holding police accountable and dismantling the
criminal justice system. We do all this through leadership development, grassroots advocacy, and
Faith In Action is a member of PICO CA network and Faith In Action National Network, the largest
grassroots faith-based network in the U.S.
• Friendly, people-person open to talk to voters
• Detail-oriented and willing to get trained
• Strong communication skills
Summary of Duties/Responsibilities:
• Talk to voters about issues in our community including: door knocking and phone banking.
• A curiosity and willingness to have dialogue with voters and learn about their experiences.
• Agree to a work schedule
• Ability to walk for at least 4-6 hours daily to canvas door-to-door.
• A curiosity about people’s stories
• Provide your own transportation, with current driver’s license, current registration and proof of automobile insurance is required
• Ability to listen, ask questions and remember conversations
• Smart cell phone
• Basic technology skills
• Ability to fill out accurate information
• Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination
• Willing and comfortable with in-person office and canvassing work
Helpful but not required:
• Previous experience door knocking
• Familiarity with San Francisco
Characteristics of the Position
• Canvassers will report to Tom Jackson.
• Requires evening and some weekend activities.
Application is open until the five (5) positions are filled. For inquiries or to submit a resume with a summary of your interest in the position, please email Tom@faithinactionba.org Please put Community Canvasser SF in the subject line of your email.
Work Location: 3042 16th St., San Francisco, CA 94103